View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #9
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Recovering addict here as well - been "clean" for about 8 months. My problem is that my favorite part of the game is end-game raiding, and it is not possible to participate in that facet of the game without an absolutely ridiculous time-commitment. I am very happy with the time I spent as a hardcore raider - I led a guild who achieved four server-firsts in Ulduar, and also managed to down OS 3-Drake while it was current content. Those six or so months were easily my favorite time playing the game. I just couldn't keep up with juggling the (massive) ego problems of running a competitive guild, keeping my toon up to the best of his ability, learning and applying new strategies and preparing not only my toon, but my entire guild for raids with consumables, etc.

I still have two 80's (Rogue and Druid) and 4 70+ toons on Detheroc Alliance side, but I've let my accounts go inactive. I want badly to reactivate for Frozen Throne, but realistically, although I'm best in slot everywhere pre-Ulduar, I'm not geared enough for progression content, and I no longer have a guild. Once it's been up for a while, I may troll the recruiting forums to see if someone will take on a melée DPS who knows his class, doesn't care about loot, and just wants to see the content. Even so, I'm not sure I can put in the time simply to farm for raid consumables anymore.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote