View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #694
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Three weeks since last I posted here. The US Open is about to start, so I've got, in game terms, about 7 months worth of stuff to get caught up on. I'm going to try to do one update a day -- that will be minimal thread-spamming while allowing me get this back to where we are before the end of the year(I think).

February/March

WTC Group Play, Round Two
Sri Lanka vs. Sweden

This tie was all about Valentin Rosenberg. It was on hardcourt, and that can make him a bear. Not in this case though. Rosenberg accounted for the only set they took from us(vs. Mooljee on the fourth day), but that was it and it was over by then anyway. Ritwik Dudwadkar avenged his AO defeat in straight sets, and we crushed them 5-0.

After a few weeks off, Prakash Mooljee played at the Acapulco 500 and took home the title over Browne. Matthew Panter in the semis proved the toughest challenger, but nobody took a set from him. A good showing for sure. Dudwadkar was in Dubai that same week, and made the final easily enough. Surprisingly Kaspar showed up, and thoroughly humiliated him 6-0, 6-0. A double-bagel in which he won just two of eight chances against his serve and only seven total points on return. Yikes. That just doesn't happen to Top 10 players ... normally. Anil Mehul headed to Morocco looking to add to his futures totals, but lost a three-set final to Emilio Gubou of Peru, 2-6, 7-5, 7-5. Sushant Chiba played one amateur event in France; that was a success as he took the singles title with a QF result in doubles. Next step up the ladder for him though there's more amateur fun to be had yet.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote