View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 08:59 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Restoration of Sukhothai Chapter Ten – The Cycle of Friends and Enemies, Cont.

20 Dec – I get a +10 Karma event

1 Feb, 1485 – ADM TECH 8 – I can build the Courthouse and I get +3 extra states (states are admin regions that you elevate or remove to help areas).

1 May – Lan Xang rivals us.

1 June – Temple ordered for KHorat

5 Aug – Dai Viet has ceased to be. Lan Zang annexes it.

I claim the capital of Lan Xang.

1 Oct:

Trade Idea #4 –

National Trade Policy, +10% Trade cash

12 Nov – I proclaim a guarantee for Champa’s independence. I want to seek if I can brake Lan Xang’s expansion

14 Dec – Workshop in Ratchaburi

19 March, 1497 – We convert Prek Rousey. Next is Phnom Penh

1 April

We finish an Idea Group!

Quality #7 – Massed Battery – we get +10% artillery bonus in battle. Now for finishing this group we also net a cool +5% military discipline as well.

1 Oct – Our truce with Lan Xang has ended

1 Nov – I secure another claim on Lan Xang

Now, let’s say I wanted to war against them for their capital.

We’d have:

Sukhothai, Ayutthaya, Pegu

Vs

Lan Xang, Hsipaw, and Ava

According to the ledger, that would be:

27k troops, us and none with our vassal, 10k Pegu

vs

14k Lan Xang, 10k Ava, 8k Hispaw

So that would be a total of 37k vs 32k

I am getting ready to push back on Lan Xang. I send some cash to Ayutthaya

1 November, 1488 – After a year of readying for war, we are ready. I have 30k myself, and my vassal is at 9k.

Ready?

The Restoration of Sukhothai Chapter Eleven – Removing Knives from the Back

I order stabs into their army with my main guy up north, as well as one in the middle, while Ayutthaya will attack the south from Phnom Penh.

10 Dec – I win a major battle against 10k forces around their capital

21 Dec – I begin to take minor holdings

6 jan, 1489 – They assault our siege in their capital

1 Feb – We win, barely.

2 April – More minors fall

29 May – Their capital falls to us

We have a few Cambodian rebel problems in the south but I need to focus on the prize.

22 July – I lose a battle in northern Lan Xang

22 Sept – We win against their invading army.

23 Oct – We currently have a 39% warsscore.

Their capital is 13

I keep pushing

1 Feb 1490, - We are pushing while their army has fled

31 Mar – We capture the Fort of Vientiane.

That gives me a 65% warscore

Here’s what I can do with that

This here is the biggest and most war-mongering of the options available. I take their capital, their fort, and then everything next to us. I get a total of 7 holdings, and then 242 cash too.

Now that’s pretty big, and as you can see, a lot of folks won’t like that at all.

But they are the typical minors and such.

I’m doing this instead. I;m swapping the powerful mines for a weak border holding no one cares about.

Ready?

Here we are post war. Now I have to deal with the 40k Cambodian rebels that erupted during the war.

Here are my new additions:

Angkor – Khmer, Hindu, 13 dev, Hills, 0.08 made here, tropical wood, temple, 80% autonomy

Luang Prabang – Their former capital. Top right corner. Chinaware, 18 dev, Laotian culture, Theravada Buddhists, Hills, 0.21 made here, temple, 11 unrest, 75% auto,

Vientiane – south of LP Trading post, savannah, marketplace, castle, temple, 14 dev, Theravada and Laotian, 0.13 made for us, 75 auto, 14 unrest

Nongbua Lampbu – Jungle, island, south of Vientiane, grain, 6 dev, 0.03 made here, Laotian, Theravada, 75% auto, 15unrest

Nong Khai
– East of NL is this awesome Silk maker. Jungle, 5 dev, 0.12 made here, Loatian, 75% auto, Theravada, 11.3 unrest

Savanh Nakhone
– East of NK is this Copper Mine, hills, 8 dev, temple, Laotian, Theravada, 75% auto, 11.1 unrest, 0.11 made here

Chaiyaphu
m – Savannah, south of NL, west of NK, 5 dev, grain farmers, 0.04 ,made here Laotian, Theravada, 40% auto, 11.1 unrest

As you can see, many are pretty poor and just here. The big four are LP the ex-capital, the fort and trading post of Vientiane, and then Nong Khai and Savanh Nakhone

I claim a province right now from them and I also move Laos to an accepted culture

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote