View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #2
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Most of the rules are the same as the last game, however there are some differences. If there are any questions about the rules, please ask, I may have missed something. Also note that some of the groups have special rules that will be revealed to them via PM.

Warning - These are rules that I have made up and are more complicated than most games of werewolf, so I'm not sure how it will play out or whether it will be perfectly balanced. Hopefully I will be able to improve the rules based on the outcome of this game. I'm particularly unsure about the Ghosts rule, while I want people to be able to stay involved, it may prove unbalancing, we'll see. I also expect this to be a fairly quick and violent game, with lots of deaths, so be prepared.

Communications

You will be notified at the start of the game if you are allowed to PM any other players and who. If you don't hear otherwise, secret communication between any players is prohibited.

Missing Players

If a player has missed two votes in a row he will be removed and replaced by an alternate at the moderator's discretion.

Secret Roles

Obviously I am not revealing the specifics of any role, suffice it to say every character will have a role, however some are passive abilities and some are active. As appropriate, in my day/night turn descriptions I will try to give at least an idea of what happened if an unexpected result occurred. Also I will in some cases notify players about what happened. For example if there is a role or roles that can prevent an attack from occurring at night, usually the attackers will have some idea of what stopped them, unlike the last game. Other actions may not be explained until the end of the game.

Role Revelation

Roles are not revealed on death in this game. During the night turn, there are roles that can view one of the people that died the day before and learn his faction or role. There are some roles that may be functionally revealed by changes after a death (note the Ghosts rule below) but there will only rarely be a moderator announcement to reveal any role. At the end of the game all roles are revealed.

Timing

The two phases will be in the order of Day 1 - Night 1 - Day 2 - Night 2. Note that this is the reverse of how it was in the last game. The game will start with Night 0, which will include certain night actions but not all of them, I will inform everyone individually at the start of the game. The game will end at the end of Day 6, at that point the survivors, if any, can leave the village and victory will be totalled up.

Victory Conditions

Each group in the village has specific victory conditions in this game. You will be notified of your victory conditions via PM at the beginning of the game. It's very possible for more than one group to win this game! There will be the potential for each group to score a major or a minor victory.

Night Actions

There are a LOT of night actions in this game. The deadline for telling me what you want to do is midnight eastern. If you know you can't make that deadline, send something in earlier, even during the day. Conditional actions (View X, or view Y if X was lynched) are allowed. Anyone who misses the deadline will miss that action.

Voting

Please put your votes in bold. If you change your vote, use UNVOTE X, VOTE Y so there is no confusion, please do not edit your voting posts. The deadline for all votes to be in is 8 pm Eastern. If there is a tie in the lynch voting, there will not be a lynch that day. If you will not be available at the deadline make sure to place your vote earlier in the day!

Ghosts

The village you are in is extremely magical, and ghosts of people that die here seem attracted to it. There is one villager role who can intensify the ghostly essences, to the extent that they can communicate with the village in a limited way. While that villager is alive, ghosts can continue to vote for the daily lynching, however they cannot communicate in any other way. Also keep in mind that while some ghosts continue to vote as they would in life, to support their group or the village, others are angry at those that killed them, particularly the lynched ones, and they may vote to take revenge on those that killed them, innocent or not. Other ghosts may vote chaotically. If the villager who strengthens the ghosts is killed, they will be unable to vote after that point.

Since ghosts are allowed to vote, it is extremely important that players who have been killed not post any kind of speculation or theories about what's going on in the game.

Day 1 will start on Tuesday. Night 0 actions may be returned to me any time before 9 am Eastern on Tuesday morning.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote