View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 10:59 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Restoration of Sukhothai Chapter One – Finding Light in the Darkness

11 Nov, 1444 - I halve my military maintenance and mothball my fort. I spend 100 ADM to boost my stability to 1.

I send merchants to Burma and the Gulf of Siam to collect trade.

26 Nov – Our merchants have arrived and we are getting a total of 0.43 monthly from their work abroad.

1 Dec – We are now getting a surplus of .71 a month, which is not bad at all.

Ayutthaya has allied with Mong Mao and Prome. They have rivaled Lan Xang, Khmer, and Malacca. I send my diplomats to make nice with Lan Xang and Khmer.

I decline a royal marriage offer from Ayutthaya.

4 Jan, 1445 – Ayutthaya have also allied with Pagarynung. These are minor one or two province nations.

14 Jan – I get a Karma event and choose to raise my Karma by 10 points at the cost of some potential cash (it was just one month of profit – 2.49 cash).

12 Feb – We get word from the first ally – Lan Xang, will support our independence. Great! I send this diplomat to Malacca.

1 May – Khmer agrees to support our independence as well.

They both see Ayutthaya for the same problem, and opportunity, that we do.

Our liberty desire is at 100% after we secured their support. If I wanted to, I could declare our independence right now!

Of course, I’d want to build up my military first, and such. Our combined military strength is 201% of theirs. I spend 20 cash to build 2k more infantry and move my army to Phra Bang. I want to be ready

16 Sept – We max our forcelimit of 5k armies. My monthly surplus drops to .58.

I turn my ruler into a general and send him to Phra Bang and take the army there. We can finish our first mission (build a grand army) anytime, but the bonus will only last for 25 years, so I want to wit until we get closer to war.

1 Nov – I raise my stability to 2.

2 Feb, 1446 – Dai Viet and Champa are now at war.

6 July, 1447 – Ming and the Oirat Horde and Mongolia are now at war. Our time may come soon.

14 Dec – Malacca supports our independence!

It’s time.

1 Jan, 1448 – Our ruler gains the negative craven trait, and the morale of our armies will be 5% fewer while he rules.

I jack up my army maintenance. Our surplus is 0.17 in my budget now.

I finish my mission and for 25 years my maintenance of armies drops and army morale rises.

1 May, 1448 – I declare war on Ayutthaya.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote