View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Restoration of Sukhothai Chapter Thirty-Two – Borneo’s Resolve

29 Nov – Mong Mao agrees to be our vassal

1 Dec – We lose another claim in Pasai. Obviously, not my biggest concern right now. My next Indies war is likely to be Brunei not Pasai, and their three holdings aren’t that wealthy.

15 Feb, 1597 –

Want to see what my recent explorations just uncovered? As you can see, Spain is in Canada, Florida, mid-America like Virginia, and Texas, and Portugal has dominated the Caribbean

Here’s South America

Portugal is in Brazil, and you can see Spain too. But it’s pretty light. France is in Guyana and England in the Caribbean in about 6 islands or so, but I don’t see England in a mainland holding yet.

I’m ordering my explorer into the Southern part now. I’d don’t care about fighting here.

But the west coast?

Could I see Buddhists in San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, LA or San Diego?

1 May – I give Pegu a seat in Parliament

1 July – We finish the Expansion Idea Group!

We get a few benefits – Our 7th idea was to get +20% global trade. For finishing, we get an additional five states. I put those two holdings in Pegu into a state, and I have four left.

I order our colonists out of Mtetwa and to Tauranga in New Zealand. Now that I’ve locked in South Africa, I could head up to harder to deal with places with low development and such and fight Jungles of 3 and 4 dev places, thousands of locals, and more. But why? New Zealand and Australia are both here, and can serve as launching pads for more exploration. For example, we know of three provinces here that have 10 or better development. Let’s take one off the map.

With our new states I can take out Burnei, and they have one state, and I can grab them all.

I also have three policies I can do:

Policy #1 – Expansion and Exploration - -50% native uprisings, +20 global settler development

Policy #2 – Expansion and Trade - +10% Trade Efficieny and +20% Trade Steering

Policy #3 – Expansion and quality – The Mining Act - +1 fire in battle

I do Colonial Expansion and The Mining Act. It will replace my current one, so I don’t have any monthly costs in power to keep them going.

I activate my forts. I want to end Brunei, the last major power in the Indies.

1 Aug – Another colony with high potential, Matsolo, is just Fish

I’ve been unlucky with Fish here, but I’ve been lucky with Gems, so I guess it’s fine. I’ve never gotten two gems in South Africa before.

1 Dec – DIP TECH 15 – We can build Galleon and Early Frigates

I declare war for Samarinda from Brunei. Sulu, their ally, joins them

4 Dec – We win the Battle of the Sulu Sea and capture two vessels.

22 Dec – We win another naval battle

31 Dec – Samarinda is ours

6 Jan, 1598 – Another minor province is ours

21 Jan – My army hitting their flank from Samarinda arrives in their new capital of Kutai

1 Feb – Mtetwa – 3 dev, Fish, Thai, Jungle, Buddhist.

14 Feb – Another minor falls and I move to their army hiding.

11 Ma- I rout their army in Bulungan

12 April – Bulungan is ours

17 April – We win another naval battle and capture a vessel

1 May – Another swing and miss – Inhambane is going to be good for Tropical Wood. That one had a good chance for Slaves, gold, Gems, etc

9 June- Another minor is ours

1 July – We lose our final claim against Pasai

1 Aug – Natal- Jungle, 3 dev, Naval Supplies are found here.

2 Aug – The last minor holding of Brunei is ours, only their capital in Kutai remains

5 Oct – Kutai is ours. That gives us a 90% warscore

Is that enough?

It is, by a lot.

Can I bring in Sulu too? Let’s see

16 Jan, 1599 – We land in Sulu to fight the locals

19 Feb – We lost 60% of my army but won

8 May – We capture Sulu

Can I get both?

22 May – We rout the Sulu navy and capture some more vessels

I cannot, so I negotiate a separate peace and take Sulu

22 June – After my diplomat returns

We remove Brunei from the map. Borneo is ours!

All of these are Bornean culture, and Hindu in faith, coastal and tropical, unless otherwise stated

I will start at the northern spot and move down to Samarinda

Lehad Datu –
15 dev, Jungle, Spices are traded here, Sunni, Workshop and Temple. 0.24 made for the cause

Tarakan – Grasslands, 0.02 made here, Fish, Grasslands, 6 dev,

Berau – Jungle, Fish, Naval E. Manufactory, 6 dev, 0.05 made here

Bulungan – Inland of Berau and Tarakan – tropical wood, 7 dev, Jungle, 0.05 made here, Temple

Kutai – Sunni, 21 dev, Jungle, Fish, Shipyard, Workshop, Temple, 0.10 here, this was the old capital Brunei took of Kutai’s state,

Samarinda – Spices, 13 dev, Jungle, Temple, 0.07 made here.

Sulu – This set of islands is between Borneo and the Philippines, Shia faith, coastline, Filipino people, 13 dev, Gems, natural harbor, temple, marketplace, workshop, 0.15 made here.

I’ll leave my army behind here in Sulu to recuperate.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote