View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 02:25 PM   #74
Critch
lolzcat

2035/36 Playoffs
I haven't mentioned the actual lines for a while so here goes.

Lines
Forwards
1st Line - LW Lucas Karmiris (3.5), C Jordan Gavin (5.0), RW Jeff Martin (3.5) - My core of rookies that have been here from the start have peaked and a few of them are starting to slip down the other side of the hill. Lucas Karmiris being the prime example, used to be 4.5 now 3.5. Jordan Gavin is still going strong, led the league in scoring this year with 48 goals, and Jeff Martin is the muscle of the line. Each player is rated for injury tendency on each part of their body, might be durable in one part but vulnerable in others. Jeff Martin is vulnerable from head to toe so he gets more than his fair share of injuries.
2nd Line - LW Urho Mattila (4.0), C Oskar Vuollet (4.0), RW Borje Svensson (3.5) - Some of the original bunch are on the downward slide, Oskar Vuollet is getting better with age. I would have said an all-Scandanavian line, but apparently Finns dont consider themselves Scandanavian I learned that on a quiz show earlier. So an all Nordic line. Borje Svensson is the next generation of Huskies star player.
3rd Line - LW David Prudek (3.5), C Kaden Pitre (3.5), RW August Pettersson (3.5) - Good depth on the forwards, third line is a strength.
4th Line - LW Jonas Lambert (3.0), C Enzo Landry (3.0), RW Peter Hrovatin (3.0) - In one of the very early posts I said the trick was to concentrate on defense, now I have a 4th line that's all 3.0 star rated. Landry was a first round pick (36th), Hrovatin was a first round pick (7th) and Lambert is from Quebec and was playing in the Ligue Nord-Americaine til earlier this season. I guess his name is pronounced Yona Lamberrrr.

Defense
1st Pair - LD Matt Leader (3.0) RD Henry Mews (3.5) - Like Karmiris, Mews has started showing up on the development report with negative changes. My boys are getting old. Leader is 21, so he's the new hope.
2nd Pair - LD Johan Dahlberg (3.0), RD Carsen Adair (2.5) - Dahlberg is 23, 6'6'' and 244lbs and came from the "pick lots of big defensemen in the draft and hope they develop" plan. Adair came in the trade that send Jorgen Palm to California Seals.
3rd Pair - LD Matt Paranych (2.5), RD Mark Dollack (2.5) - Paranych came in late from FA when we had to dump Mendl off for being loathsome, Dollack was another from the "draft big defensemen" plan.

Netminders
Lucas Wall (5.0) Thomas Kiesewetter (2.5) - firmly on the starter and cheap backup plan now. Barring injury, it's Wall all the way in the playoffs.

End of the Regular Season Free Agent Watch
Maybe I'm getting too tied up with Free Agents not signing for anybody, but here goes:
Emil Hemming - Sat out the first couple of months of the season, but got paid. 4.9mil for 2 years with Vancouver.
Jackson Gillespie - Sat out the first four months of the season, but got paid. 5.9mil for 1 year with Buffalo on January 15th. Less than 2 months later they released him. Contracts are guaranteed, he played 22 games before being dumped. Then signed for LA Kings for 1 year 750k in April so he's going to the playoffs with them.
Easten Turko - Spent the whole year as a free agent. Me asking him how much he was looking for once per month seems to have annoyed him, he wont talk to Anchorage anymore.
Tarin Smith - nearly 4 years after his contract expired at Anchorage he's finally signed for a new team. He's getting 25k to play in the Ukrainian second division for one year.
Evan Maillet - Contract expired for Anchorage in June 2034. Signed with Vancouver for 1 year 750k in December 2034. March 2035 Vancouver realize they've got a good goalie so tie him up 3 years/7.1mil per year. All makes enough sense so far. November 2035 Vancouver release him. Later the same day they sign him again for 1 year 750k.
Rick Claycomb - left Anchorage, spent a year without a team, signed for St Louis 3 years at 2.7mil. Currently hasn't been released yet.

I liked this game better when I didn't look at what the AI was doing.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote