View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #662
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Honestly, I really disliked this part. Not only because it wasn't really stated at the onset, but I just really dislike that much subjective refereeing. In the future, I'd love to know that kind of stuff at the onset so I could sit out the games that took that approach.

All the same, thanks for putting in what must have been a herculean effort to keep up with everything for the game Autumn.

Well, I did state it in the rules but it was clear no one really got that on day one. I didn't want to state directly what you should do to get the best results, as I was trying to simulate the fact that working together mattered, and that a bunch of people who just kind of did their own thing wouldn't do as well as they might otherwise.

It wasn't very subjective - there were mechanics behind it where I weighted the ratings differently if you chose to follow a puzzle leader, for instance. I felt it was necessary both in order to simulate the game better, and to give you guys anything to do in thread. But I can understand if it rubbed some people the wrong way - just like we see in the FOF forum, some people like their mechanics to be clear. I felt it would be a bit boring if everyone just knew "Oh we have two Good puzzle guys on the puzzle, so we'll win."
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote