Thread: Sports betting?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 09:14 AM   #627
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Curious in everyone’s thoughts. Last night I made an in game bet on Houston over SMU +175. During OT I could have bet SMU at +114 and locked in about 0.2 of a unit. Should I lock in profits whenever possible or depending on my thoughts on the game take my chances on the bigger pay day. Right now my bets are pretty small so it wouldn’t be a ton of money.

In this instance I wouldn't. You start hedging in these spots and it gets very convoluted. The caveat of course if how much does the money mean to you.

I bet a lot of futures and thats where I like to hedge. For example last year When the Indians were 8 games back I bet a dime on them at 8-1 to win the division. They went on a run and pulled even with Minnesota. At that point Minn was 3-1 to win the division so I bet $1500 on them, locking in a nice profit.

The other good hedge spot is if you do multi team parlays. So for example lets say you do a 4 teamer at 10-1. I like to do this and put one late game on. That way if I hit the first 3 legs I can bet the opposite side on the last one and lock in a profit of at least 2-3 units.

One other reason to hedge in a single game scenario is to buy your way out of a bet, if someone gets injured or such.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote