View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We lose 17-23 to the Broncos. Tony Dunnigan and Monty Swift caught our two TDs on the day. Taylor had 47 yards on 12 carries, Allard was 24 of 35 for 287 and a 2:1 ratio, and Graham had 153 yards on 7 catches. No sacks, no picks. No pressure, therefore we lost.

Week 2 - The Chargers are no opposing as we win 45-20. Our scores - Al Hatcher, Monty Swift and Monty Swift caught TDs. Wendell Reese ran for a 33 yard score and a 4 yard score. Herman Swinger recovered a Fred Taylor fumble and ran it in for our 5th TD on the day. Jerome Allard was Game MVP with 18 of 31 for 211, 3:0 ratio. Taylor had 79 yards on 20 carries. Swift had 112 yards on 7 catches. Samari Rolle had a pick and half a sack. Collier recovered a fumble.

We have several injuries coming out of that game. Swinger will be out for a while and I deactivate him. Graham is questionable. I move Graham to 4th on the depth chart. Dunnigan and Swift will be starting next week. Our new TE caught a TD in his 2nd game, so that’s a good sign.

Week 3 - We lose 23-31 to Carolina. Allard hits Swift, Dunnigan and 3rd WR Daniel Shelton for scores. Taylor had 26 yards on 10 attempts. Allard had 19 of 40 for 305, and a 3:2 ratio. Swift had 106 yards on 6 catches. Flowers got a pick. Albert and Wilkins notched sacks. Rolle fumbled on a return but recovered it. Nickelback Hudson got a fumble recovery, but returner Fitzgerald fumbled it away once. CB Huntley is injured and will be out for a few weeks. Hudson will start.

We’re going to give RB Chris Evans a start and see what he can do.

Week 4 - We defeat the 49ers 34-10. Tony Dunnigan gets a TD from Allard. Wendell Reese gets two short yards runs for scores. Darius, Game MVP, gets a pick and returns it for a score. C Poole had 5 KRB. Brackens and Collier had sacks. Evans had 91 yards on 25 carries, Allard was 22 of 27, 205, 1:1.

We have several injuries. DE Collier will be out for a while. WR Daniel Shelton is out. OG Page is Questionable.

I make a major, major move. I trade Tony Brackens to the Bengals for their 2nd and 4th rounders next year. Brackens was simply not contributing in any meaningful way. Anyway, no what tI have some money, I can afford to put WR Swinger on IR and I sign UFA WR Nick Creemur to a one year minsal deal. I then sign UFA DE Irv Fulcher to fill up a roster spot.

Week 5 - BYE

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote