View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #57
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 6 - @Tulane

What a weary stretch of road games. I do not know if I have been so worn out in my life. It's been tough going the travel, school and practice.

Tulane was supposed to be a better team this year than they have been. Needless to say that wasn't the truth.

We moved the ball pretty much at whim against them. As for defense, they had some lucky plays that managed to set them up for their scores.

I had two memorable plays this game.

First, I was playing man up on the running back and they were coming out on my side with a speed option, I stepped up to take the running back and the QB pitched it right to me, I snagged the ball and took two steps before the running back took me down.

Second, I was covering their TE man to man and he separated from me. Their QB threw it and it was a great pass. Their TE snagged it and ran about 4 yards, he did not see me closing as I leveled him and I detached the ball from him. He was out cold and the ball bounced right into the arms of our free safety.

and finally, I came on an outside blitz and just crushed their QB dropping him like a rock. The ball flew out of his hands and out DT pounced on it.

My stats for the game: 5 Tackles, 1 Tackle for Loss, 1 Sack, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Fumble Recovery.

My play ended up earning me Player of the Game and CUSA Defensive Player of the Week honors.

That's twice this season!