View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #14
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

29 August 2014

We're going up as champions!!!

We clinched the title with a comfortable four matches to spare. The deciding game was far from a classic, as we drew 0-0 at home with a Finn Harps side who couldn't manage to get a shot off against us, and whom we'd outscored 7-0 in our three previous matchups.

(Yes, the Irish First Division has only eight teams, so you get to know your opponents very well.)

One point turned out to be enough, thanks to Cobh Ramblers, who saw off Longford, 3-2.

I'll have an opportunity to play some of the backups now, which might help me decide what changes I'll want to make as we prepare for the Premier Division.

If the board stick with this budget, I'll have almost FOUR TIMES as much money to spend on wages as I do now! That made me curious, so I looked at the Premier Division squad lists, and it doesn't look like any club is paying its players anywhere close to that amount. I won't be surprised if the board ends up giving me much less money to work with next year.

By the way, my daughter Claire is delighted to see "her team" lift a trophy in Dad's first season.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote