View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #13
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Solid games last night. Another win for the 8th grade, 10-7 - was 10-2 going into the final inning when the coach decided to let one of the other 6th grade pitcher pitch, and it got a little hairy for a while until they finally ended it.

7th grade game went well, too - 6-3 win. Caitlin had a walk, single, and double. She pitched the final 2 innings and had a strange game - first inning, she only threw 5 pitches in a quick 1-2-3. Last inning, she got hit pretty hard for 5 hits and 3 runs before getting out of it. She had 2 batters that she grooved a fastball to on an 0-2 count, and we talked about not giving the hitter anything to hit in that situation. We also talked about hitting with a 3-0 count - she hit an infield single with the bases loaded on a 3-0 count on an outside strike, and we talked about picking one spot for the ball to be in and only swinging at that pitch, even if the pitch is a strike but not where you want it. Gotta be picky in those situations.

So we're supposed to have a tournament tonight and tomorrow, but the rain, I think, is going to wash it away. And that sucks, because one of the teams pulled out so our coach entered the 7th grade team as a replacement, which means Caitlin would actually get a chance to play a good bit instead of mostly sitting and hoping for an 8th grade blowout. If we can get in 1 game, I'll be surprised.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote