View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #32
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Weird weekend. We played a tournament close to home. Two games on Saturday, which we won. Caitlin wasn't going to pitch because of her back/schoulder muscle, so she DP'd the first game and still got 2 hits and 2 RBIs. Second game we beat a team Caitlin hadn't won against in 3 years of playing them. So that was nice. We didn't hit the ball very well, though - just 4 runs in each game.

Sunday was a different story. First game, we lost 3-2. Our pitcher got a blister on her index finger that started bleeding, so they pulled her up 1-0 and we lost it. That lead to some pitching issues, with Caitlin also out. She said she was feeling OK, so we warmed up just in case and she said she felt no pain. Same girl who lost the first game pitched the next game, though.

We played the team we beat the day before, the team Caitlin hadn't won against. They completely fell apart in the 1st inning and we scored 7 runs. And then the rain came. 30 minutes later, we started back but the intensity was gone. We gave up 4 in the 2nd, and then 6 in the 3rd to go down 10-7. Coach finally pulled the pitcher and brought in Caitlin, and she struck out the last 2 in the 3rd to get out of it. But the damage was done, and we lost. And then the rain came again as we were leaving. Really crappy way to lose and get knocked out of the tournament.

So this weekend we play in Lexington. Next weekend we're in Columbus OH for a world series. Not sure what to make of this team. Caitlin should be fine to pitch, so at least we'll be at full strength there.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-21-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote