View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #33
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Another pretty disappointing weekend. Except for a few spots here and there, this team just hasn't put it all together at one time yet.
Lost the first 2 games of the tournament in pretty horrible fashion - 3-2 to a mediocre team we should (and did, later) pound. Caitlin made a bad error in extra innings that let the tying run score (ball through the legs), but the way we were playing, they were going to win anyway. Then lost the next game 10-1 as the team looked completely out of it and uninterested in playing.

That put us in a loser's bracket elimination game at 8:30 that night. Caitlin finally got to pitch - her first start since the shoulder problem - and she pitched great. We won 8-0 over the team that beat us 3-2. She gave up 3 hits, no walks, and had 3 Ks. They didn't get a runner past 2nd.

Next morning we played a decent team we had split 2 games with earlier in the year. Caitlin pitched again. She gave up 2 solid hits in the 1st inning for a run, but shut them down after that. However, we couldn't hit the ball at all and trailed 1-0 going into the bottom of the last inning. Pressure and/or heat got to their pitcher, and she walked the first batter, hit the next 2, then walked in the tying run before we finally got a clean hit to win the game. Caitlin gave up 4 hits, 1 run, no walks, and 6 Ks.

Next game was a rematch with the team that beat us 10-1 and we played much better. It was 0-0 into the 6th inning when they got a 2-out, 2-run triple to take the lead, and we couldn't answer and lost 2-0. We just couldn't hit for shit all weekend.

So - now we head to Columbus OH for a world series tournament with 62 12U teams from about 6-8 states, it looks like. If we don't hit, it's not going to be pretty, because a lot of these teams are going to be 2nd year teams that can hit the ball and score runs. We'll see how it goes, I guess, but I'm not too optimistic on our chances. I just hope they play like they want to be there and have some fun.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-26-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote