View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #727
Radii
Head Coach

-- Donnelly accepts his new offer.

-- Neil Gordon rejects his and I go ahead and offer him what he wants.

-- Berthet signs his deal

-- We're finally getting out of December, this is our last match before our new keeper arrives (actually we play on 1/1 so if we're lucky there will be an AWESOME travel period where new guy hasn't arrived yet and Murphy is gone. Lets watch!)

-- That last match must have taken a lot out of us. For the first time I start to see a lot of poor and very poor morale amongst the team.

December 28th, 2018

Ipswich(2-2-16, 19th) @ Chelsea(12-4-3, 2nd)

Yea, @Chelsea. December can't end soon enough.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Bruce/Brown/McKerr
M: Guarin/Yebda/Mariga/Berthet
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan

Guarin starts for Adriano, Alex Bruce is healthy again and starts for Fryers, Khan gets the start up front today. Yebda starts for Donnelly. All of these but Khan are done for morale.

1': 30 seconds in they move straight down the middle of the pitch and take two shots, the first hits the crossbar and bounces back into play. The second hits the right post and bounces out.

7': ML Fredy Guarin is hurt... ugh. He can stay in but he's noticibly slowed.

10': Mario Balotelli receives a pass just inside the penalty box and blasts a shot that Murphy has no shot at. Alex Bruce got turned around trying to intercept that and was looking the other way as the shot went off. 0-1

27': Backup ST James Holland gets his first goal of the year, a give and go with midfielder Gourcuff and a shot from 15 yards out. 0-2

38': Midfielder Gourcuff shoots from 20 yards out, McKerr is right on him and trying ot stay in front of him but he just turns and shoots like McKerr isn't even there. 0-3

47': Gourcuf gets his second goal. 0-4

HALF: I'm sympathetic to my team's plight and wish them mercy.

60': Fryers in for Brown, Coutts in for Berthet, Kang in for Gordon. We play again in 4 days, rest up!

74': They put in a cross to no one, their whole team seems to be forward, Guarin picks up the ball and sends it long to Khan. Khan pushes out left and runs down to the corner, he gets a nice cross in around a defender trying to block him off. Their keeper goes after the cross, misses, Mariga wins the header and scores! 1-4

Chelsea 4 : 1 Ipswich

Not much we could do there, of course, nice to get a goal. Mariga continues to put up stellar ratings when the rest of the team fails, he's got an 8.0 today with his goal. He's the only one above 7 today. McKerr 5.9, Kirkland 5.7, Brown 5.0, Bruce 5.1, Berthet 5.9, Gordon 5.5.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote