View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #731
Radii
Head Coach

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

We get a home game against Leicester in the Championship. A solid draw with 32 teams left in the field, we had about a 50/50 shot of getting an EPL team.

-- Our "other" young defender, Clive Jackson, goes out on loan to Reading, the team leading the Championship. Jackson isn't as promising as Hughes.

-- Carlos Antonio resumes full training the day before our Huddersfield match.

January 13th, 2019

Ipswich(2-3-17, 19th) @ Huddersfield(5-2-15, 18th)

Huge match, both Huddersfield and Ipswich have gone 9 matches in the EPL without a win, they're now in 18th while we're still in 19th. They're 5:4 favorites at their house, we're 7:4. We lost to them at home in an early season disappointment and want revenge. We're 8 points behind them. Severely lacking in match fitness since he wasn't playing for Man City and at 74% fitness, I think I'm going to give him a game with the reserve squad before bringing him up. I remember starting Lynch right after an injury once and he basically couldn't move and got beaten in horrible ways.

GK: Johnson
D: Kirkland/Henrique/Brown/McKerr
M: Hughes/Donnelly/Mariga/Berthet
AMC: Gordon
ST: Constantino

24 y/o ST Ibai Platas leads them with 7 goals in 14 matches. This is their big signing as they promoted up to the EPL with us last year, the type of one player splash we didn't make. They bought him from Reading for $14.5 Million. He's only 24. Sam Collins has 5 goals in 16 matches and is their second leading scorer.

We debut Henrique at DC next to Troy Brown. McKerr starts at DR. Berthet MR, and Jack Hughes gets the start at ML today with Adriano coming off an injury. Gordon AMC. We'll counter on the road here.

1': We start with the ball and build up nicely, Hughes centers it to Gordon who shoots from 20 yards out, its saved by the keeper but he placed it pretty neatly towards the left.

2': They get their two strikers up near hte 18 yard line and a through ball gets through to Platas, Johnson comes out, and McKerr recovers quickly to tackle behind, whew. That looked like a goal when the pass went through.

10': they move the ball forward after we have a free kick cleared, a pass goes to ST Collins, Platas cuts into the middle and he hits him perfectly, Henrique is running with him but a step behind perhaps... shot, its a clear cut chance, and they get a goal out of this one, Johnson can't make the stop. 0-1

26': We build up down the right side, a pass goes from McKerr to Mariga who has a shot from 25 yards out, its on target and struck really well, the keeper stops it but there's a rebound, Neil Gordon is first to it and he blasts it by the keeper before he can recover!! 1-1 I really feel Kang doesn't get that goal the way he's played lately.

33': They are attacking, Henrique clears a ball out of the area but they get it back forward, there's a shot from 25 yards out, Johnson tips it over for a corner... they earn a second corner.. then Kirkland clears. They recover and set up their offense, eventually Neil Gordon makes a nice tackle and sends it long.

HALF: After that last clearance I mentioned at the 33 minute mark.. we fly to the half without another highlight. We're tied up, Troy Brown must have taken the blame for that goal, he's got a 5.5 rating. Constantino is struggling and has a 5.9. Henrique and Hughes are both doing well. Huddersfield have 10 shots but 5 are from long range. We have 5 shots... but 4 are from long range. I'm going to tell out guys to try harder to get it into the area, we can do better. Very even match!

47': They earn a corner nearly right away, a shot is blocked behind, we clear though. Its cleared to Constantino who begins a long run down the left... he crosses in, Mariga can't win the header though.

52': After 3 more highlights showing Huddersfield attacking, they earn a corner here. We're able to clear it.

55': They have another attacking highlight, here they get a pass ahead to Sam Collins, he runs by McKerr, Troy Brown misses a tackle... and he's into the area and finds an easy goal. Brown... sigh. 1-2

63': Adriano in for Brown.. Hughes to DC, Adriano ML. Khan is in for Constantino.

79': I tell the team to attack, 10 minutes to get a goal.

Though we do take a couple long shots in the final 10 minutes mostly we see them with the ball passing it around while we desperately chase. Frustrating that all of our play against the other bottom feeders have come up losses.

Huddersfield 2 : 1 Ipswich

Goal: Gordon (7.1)
Assists: Mariga (8.3)
Notables: Kirkland (7.0)

Troy Brown with a 5.1 rating today. Henrique 6.8, Hughes 6.7. Both played pretty well.

We now sit 10 points behind 18th and 11 points behind 17th.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote