View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #746
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

-- Troy Brown "has sustained a damaged spine" after a fall in training. Ouch!! He's out for 2 months. That seems low for a damaged spine.

-- Chelsea beats Arsenal 1:0 in a big league match. With all teams even now at 26 matches played Chelsea now leads Aston Villa by 6 points.

-- We have 8 players called up for international duty for matches between the 11th-13th. 5 of them are starters for us and all the matches are friendlies so I request that none of them play more than 45 minutes.

-- Our match on the 12th vs Everton is pushed back to the 20th instead due to international callups.

February 9th, 2019

Ipswich(2-3-21, 20th) Birmingham(8-8-10, 13th)

Birmingham are big 2:5 favorites today, we're 13:2 to get a win.

GK: Johnson
D: Kirkland/Hughes/Henrique/Berthet
M: Guarin/Donnelly/Mariga/Gordon
AMC: Kang
ST: Khan

We rotate people around to get Donnelly back in, Kang AMC, Gordon MR, Berthet DR, McKerr has the day off. Khan starts up front for Constantino.

2': A through ball to ST Benitez who scoots in behind Jack Hughes, Henrique tried to cover but he was taking a step towards their other forward and couldn't get back in time. Easy easy goal. 0-1

35': They're up to 7 shots with 5 on target, Johnson has made two pretty nice saves in recent highlights.

44': They earn a corner as we block a shot, a header goes high on the corner.

HALF: These teams are just soo much better than we are, and given an early lead they make it nearly impossible. We have 2 shots so far this match, both off target. They have 12 shots, 7 on target.

65': Wow, I don't know what the hell just happened... there's a header... ball is in the air near midfield... their man goes up for a header, and best I can tell from watching the little sprites run around, Jack Hughes went in for a slide tackle and took his man out. Its a straight red, something I assumed the second play stopped. Hughes had been playing ok and his morale is Superb, I don't know where that came from at all! I sub Park in for Kang and run a 4-4-1.

70': They take advantage quickly of the man advantage, getting an easy goal from midfielder Chapman... he really looked offsides and we complain a lot, but it stands. 0-2

74': A 25 yard strike from Midfielder Sergio Suarez is by Johnson and in... 0-3

And that'll do it.

Birmingham 3 : 0 Ipswich

We give up an early goal allowing them to do what they want, and then the red card for Hughes makes it easy for them to get more.

Berthet 5.4, Donnelly 5.9, Khan 5.6. Guarin with a random 7.1 out wide.

-- Chelsea puts a further stranglehold on first place with a 2:0 win over Aston Villa today.

-- Hughes is suspended for 2 matches. I issue a warning for his violent play which he accepts.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote