View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 06:47 AM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Feb 8, 2014
The media around here sure is nosy. SK Soccer Express journalist wants to know if we would move Young-Bin to Busan, I give him nothing. Then he wants to know about whether we would move Hwang Jin-San to Incheon, I decide to admit that I'd consider it ... but only for the right price. MC is one of our stronger areas and if I got the right middle six-figure offer (which would then create a transfer budget for me to use), sure I'd think about it.

Meanwhile, DC Kim Dong-Hyeok has a virus. Damn doc, send him home, two weeks or whatever. Don't need that going around.

------------

Mon Feb 10, 2014

Well, in for a penny ... 26 y/o striker Kim Seong-Min is pleased to have agreed to terms with Daejeon. He'll get $725/wk plus usual incentives. He's an unusual combination on the pitch, capable of playing both striker and DMC (but awkward at the spots in between). He's a product of Honam University, playing briefly for Gwangju FC back in 2011.

Our staff immediate recommends him as the highest rated striker on the roster.

And of course, there's an apparently obligatory press conference (did I mention how nosy these SOBs are?) Not once, not twice but thrice did I have to insist that I would not be discussing tactical plans with the media today.

-----------
Wed Feb 12, 2014

Sometimes you miss out. Sanchez Prette played one trial match for us, signed with K-Classic side Chunnam just days later. But hey, we couldn't pay him over $8k/week like they just did, so good for him I guess.

Out goes one trialist, in comes another. 35 y/o Elbekay Bouchiba comes in on trial. Yes, I said 35 years old, hush. He's a Dutch veteran who has played in Holland, Qatar and briefly in the U.S.