View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Game Mechanics

In this game, numbers are determined by rolling a d10. Initially, you selected a number at random from a Random Number Chart which had all of them printed on it. You were to close your eyes, move your pencil about, and let it drop on a random number. However, a d10 just makes more sense and it is a lot easier.

You have to keep track of two stats. The first is Combat Skill, which shows your prowess in battle. The other is Endurance Points, which is basically your hit points.

Here is how combat goes. Find the difference between your Combat Skill and your foe’s. Then each round you roll the die and consult a chart based on your roll and the difference in skills. This tells you how many EP you and your foe(s) lose. Then, if you are both still alive, you continue rolling dice until one is dead, or the text tells you to stop. (There are times when it may say, if you take your foe to 10 or less Endurance Points, go to Section XXX).

I have the possibility to Evade in some sections. If I do, I roll once more and only I take damage, then I flee and go to the section indicated.

To begin the game, you roll the die twice, once for each skill. You add ten to CS and 20 to EP to generate your skills. The EP score is a cap, so you need to keep track of your max and current EP.

Let’s do that now:

My rolls were 8 and 6, which is 18 CS and 26 EP. That’s really strong, and I’ve played through this tons of times before. Now, you can win no matter what your initial EP and CS are, but I’d prefer to have a bit harder of a go at it. Let’s cheat a bit and reroll my CS. Heh, I rolled 8 again. Okay, one more time. 5. Perfect. Let’s take it.

Initial stats:

15 CS, 26 EP

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote