View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Shortly after I leave the clearing, I notice some ugly eyes glowering at me from the brush and suddenly a black arrow fires at me. Giaks are ambushing me! Perhaps they are the same ones from the clearing. As I race through the trees, the Giaks continue to pursue. The trees thin out, and there is a rock outcropping. I have two choices: make for the rocky hill, or break back into the forest. I choose to break cover and head for the hill, perhaps I can get the high ground and gain an advantage.

The hillside is loose and slippery. I see two Giaks follow me from the woods. About halfway up the hill side, I see a small cave. I have three options:

If I have Camouflage, I can use it
I can enter the Cave
I can climb to the hop of the hill

I avoid the cave. The plan was to get high ground. I continue to climb.

As I climb, I see a Kraan circling the top of the hill and peak above. I can choose to face and fight the Giaks now, with the high ground advantage, or head to the top of the peak where the Kraan is. I turn around and face them.

I get a +1 to my CS when fighting them for the tactical advantage. I will fight them one at the time. The first has a CS of 13, EP of 10, and the second 12 and 10.

I roll a 6, and the difference is 4. I take 2, and it takes 10 and dies. The second is up. With a difference of 7. I roll a 8 and it takes 16 and dies, without me taking anything. My axe cleaves it easily.

I win, and I take an EP from cuts and scrapes on the hillside, but gain one EP back for Healing. I arrive at the base of the hill and can go either north or east. East takes me closer to Holmgard, which is in the southeast, so let’s go that way. That’s another EP healed.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote