View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Two hours pass and I wander around. Am I lost? As I descend a rocky hillock, I see something…curious.

Surrounded by thorns and roots, is an old looking cave. It’s big, with a wide mouth and a lot of room inside. As I near, I can feel a breeze from the other side. Passing through the cave would allow me to shave a lot of time off my scaling these hills. It could be dangerous too.

I can enter the cave, or climb the hillside. I decide not to risk it and go up the hill. As I continue my climb, I see about ten Kraan approaching from the west. This is a difficult climb, and if combat happens here, it will be tough to fight. I can keep climbing, or go back to the tunnel. I choose to go back and enter the tunnel.

The tunnel is quite dark and cold. I place one hand on the cave wall and I advance. Smells of decay. Suddenly, a Burrowcrawler drops from above and attacks me.

It is trying to kill me with its tentacles. It has a CS of 17 and Ep of the same. Little tentacled worm creature is immune to Mindblast and I still haven’t found a quarterstaff, so I have a CS of 15 for this battle. I also lose 3 CS because I do not have a torch, so my CS is actually 12. Dangereuse.

I roll a 0, which is a 10. It takes 9 and I take nothing. I follow with a 4. It takes 3, and I take 5. A 6 is rolled - 5 to it, 4 to me. Just enough to kill it, and I took 9 damage.

I kill the slimy beast, but the dark and the attack have caused me to panic a bit. I grab my belt from its jaws and move quickly throughout the rest of the cave, it’s death cry in my ears. Within a few minutes, I plunge out of the cave and rest for a bit. After I recoup my energy, I realize I am still wearing my belt. I am holding a belt of a former victim. It has a dagger and 20 gold crowns on it, and I take both, and then push on eastward.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote