View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The forest begins to thin out, and I finally hit a road. Traveling on the road are many refugees from the new war fleeing south with carts, wagons, and whatever they can get. I have two options:

Join the Refugees and Get News
Continue South Under Cover of Trees

Going out into the open would normally be a Bad Thing, but I hope in this press of humanity, I go missed, and information right now is needed. I choose to Join the Refugees.

The people here are hungry and tired, weary and war-torn despite the short duration of the war so far. The Darklords struck unexpectedly. I hear the beat of wings and someone shouts out “Kraan!” Many scurry for cover, but a wagon in front of me with children in it has jammed it’s wheel, and the children scream in panic. I can help them or flee for cover.

I help them.

I sprint towards the wagon. People are running everywhere in panic and the Kraan attack. Three Giaks jump from the back of a Kraan and approach the children. I have to either fight the Giaks, or flee to a nearby farmhouse.

I fight. I have gained 4 EP back from the passages I went through and Healing.

I fight the Giaks as one enemy with 15 CS and 13 EP. I roll a 5 and dole out 7 while taking 2. A 9 kills them with 12 more damage, while I take nothing. I am at 23 EP.

I win, and I can run to the farmhouse or to the woods. I choose farmhouse.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote