View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I ride with the cavalry, and after a while we see and hear signs of battle looming. We ride into it, as Sommlending fight against the monsters of darkness. I see Prince Pelathar fall to the ground while fighting a huge monster known as a Gourgaz when an arrow pierces his side. The Gourgaz is wielding a huge black axe.

I can either choose to defend the Prince or head into the forest and try to evade the battle. I rush to defend my Prince.

I regained 4 EP in the meantime and have 27 EP left. These Gourgaz are quite powerful. CS 20, EP 30, and immune to Mindblast, and me without a quarterstaff. Still. I pick up the Prince’s Sword and use it.

I roll a 1 and take 6, while it takes nothing. I follow with a 7 and it takes 6 while I add 3 more damage. An 8 follows and I take 2, it 7. It has taken 13 and me 11. A 2 deals 1 to it and 6 to me. 14 and 17. Then a 5, for 4 each 18, 21. I have just 6 EP left while it has 12.

I do not have an option to Evade. I have to duke this out.

I roll a 7, and it takes 6 and me 3. Here is how the math breaks down. I kill it, and survive, only on a 8, 9, or 0. I die on a 1-6. On a 7, we both die. Okay, one die roll, here we go, …8. Rolled it naturally. Whew.

I am at ONE life. Healing saved my life. The lucky roll that got me a Chainmail Waistcoat saved me.

The giant Gourgaz is dead at my feet. The Prince is injured and dying. The soldiers form a protective guard around him. The Prince sees the color of my cloak, and then…

The dying Prince looks up into your eyes and says, 'Kai Lord, you must take a message to my father. The enemy is too strong, we cannot hold him. The King must seek that which is in Durenor or all is lost. Take my horse and ride for the capital. May the luck of the gods ride with you.'

The battle continues to rage as I mount the horse and make for the capital.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote