View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I ride the magnificent horse for some time, and must eat a meal. The path stops at a junction, and there is a wooden sign that had information, but it has been hacked down. I can use Tracking, go left or go right. I use Tracking.

It informs me that the tracks on the right path are made by Doomwolves and go off to the Durncrag Mountains. The left path moves to Holmgard. With this info, I go left.

After about three miles, I spy five Doomwolves with Giak riders. They are going in my direction, but one turns back and moves my way. I can either fight him, or hide in the undergrowth. I try to hide. It works and the Doomwolf and rider leave. I can now try to move deeper into the forest or try and kill the Doomwolves and Giaks. I have healed 5 EP and have 6. Attacking four Giak Riders and steeds would be suicide. I choose to push further into the growth.

The horse and I push on deeper into the forest. The light is fading fast as Day ends. The road and Doomwolves are far behind us. I can press on ahead or bear left, in the direction of the original path. I choose to bear left, since that is the way to Holmgard.

I eventually arrive at the main road between Toran and Holmgard. With a major road to ride, and with a great steed, I estimate I will reach the capital by morning. As we press on, night turns too dark to continue to ride safely, so I pull the horse into the brush, and grab some sleep in the boughs of a tree.

The cry of a Kraan and the morning sky end my slumber. I am not sure if I have been spotted or not, so I decide to head out immediately. We head south.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote