View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After several miles of no enemies, I cross a ridge and see the capital from there. However, there is one major obstacle to yet face.

The tall-grey white walls and spires of Holmgard and the fluttering flags can be seen in the distance. However, between me and the capital is a large black army moving towards it. There is no way I can approach Holmgard the normal way. After some spying, I can come up with three ways to circumvent the army:

1). A highway off to the left will get me there at full gallop in an hour and goes around the army. However, I am in the open the entire time and vulnerable to Kraan attack.

2). A wide river drifts off towards the city. I can abandon the Prince’s Horse, and swim the river hoping it will cover me until I reach Holmgard.

3). I can enter the Graveyard of the Ancients. This crumbling, decaying, and horrible crypt area is far away from the eyes of the enemy, but there could be a lot of baddies in there.

All have disadvantages. Exposure for an hour. Swimming the river, which is near the army. Entering a vile area.

By now, I know that the enemy knows of my survival. Too many of their troops have seen me. Therefore, even the risks of the Graveyard seem worth it to avoid an entire army.

I choose to enter the Graveyard of the Ancients.

A strange mist clouds and obscures the Graveyard as I approach - perfect cover. I have to leave behind my horse, and a chill, both physical and spiritual, enters my body as I enter the Graveyard.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote