View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After a short period of time, I put the Graveyard of the Ancients behind me, and approach the fieldworks around Holmgard. At first, my muddy and torn appearance is met with suspicion, but as I near, someone recognizes my Kai cloak. The guards cheer me on. I splash through a shallow stream and arrive at the gate of Holmgard. Exhausted by the ordeal of fleeing from the Kai Monastery to Holmgard, I faint as I reach the gate.

A few minutes later I am revived and lean on the shoulders of the King’s men as I enter Holmgard. A sergeant, blood-stained and battle-weary approaches and asks where my fellow Kai are. Holmgard is sorely pressed and they are needed. I inform him of their massacre, and he brings me a horse to ride to the King and deliver the news.

I reach the main gates and stare as always at the high battlements, which have never fallen. I follow the officer and then great crowds rush to and fro. I decide to follow the officer rather than leave him behind. We rush for the castle and the officer turns me over to a man dressed in the king‘s colors of purple and white. I choose to follow him too, rather than flee. We enter the main hall, then a library. A hidden passage is revealed when he pushes some books and he beckons me to follow. I choose to.

Ten minutes pass and we move down the corridor. Soon we arrive at a lush opulent bedroom. He beckons me to wait and goes on. I eat, bathe and change into some white robes. He returns to take me to the King.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote