View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After three days at sea, I am told that if I have the skill of Healing, all of my wounds are healed.

Shipboard life is dull, boring. This really isn’t the place for the Kai. On the fourth day, I am talking with an injured sailor when I notice that the hold is smoking. I have three options:

Yell Fire
Enter the Hold
Warn the Captain

Well, if the fire is that big, no sense going in there, and why waste time trying to find the captain? I yell “Fire”

Panic strikes the ship, and sailors move into a routine commonly practiced but rarely engaged. Buckets with water and moistened blankets are the weapons on this war. After some time, the fire is quelled but the damage is severe. The food stores are destroyed and the ship is weakened.

The captain approaches me with a bundle wrapped in a blanket and tells me to come to his cabin immediately.

After we close the door, the captain unfurls the bundle on the table. There is a large jug and some oily rags blackened by the fire.

This was an act of sabotage. The fire was deliberately set by a traitor among the crew. In a food store there is oily rags and a jug of oil? No way. We stare at the damning information as if unsure what to do next when a cry breaks our concentration:

“Ship Off the Port Bow!”

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote