View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The captain grabs his sword and telescope and leaves his office. I can do two things, follow him, or make a quick search of his cabin. I decide just to follow him out, I don’t want to be suspicious.

Captain Kelman is at the edge of the ship with a spyglass and points out the vessel. It is not flying a flag, and it has a weird hull shape. He has sent a longboat out to investigate her, and as it nears the strange vessel, a fog quickly rolls in, obscuring everything. I am asked to choose a random number and move to that passage. I roll a 9.

Everything disappears. After a bit, the crew start to whisper about ghost ships and cursed voyages. The Captain announces that we are eight hours from Ragadorn, and we will have to put in there for repairs and refitting.

Privately, he takes me aside and tells that it could take longer than a week to fix everything, so I might be better off finding my own transport one we dock at Ragadorn. The men begin their tasks with an extra step, knowing that this voyage is just a few hours from being done. I am to arrive at Port Bax and then talk with Lord-lieutenant Rhygar, the Sommlending Consul, who expects me.

I only have 40 days to complete my journey and return.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote