View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sleep goes by without drama, and two days pass. However, on the ninth day of my quest, an unfortunate event occurs and I am to roll a die to find out what. I roll a 4. As we wind through the hills of the trade route, we spy a blocked area where rocks have fallen over the route near steep cliffs. The driver goes out to clear it and I go out to help him. Within a few moments, I hear a sound of more rocks and sep out of the way just as some large boulders fall from the cliffs. The driver is killed. Flashbacks to the death of Captain Kelman haunt me for a few moments.

If I have Sixth Sense I am to go to a passage, so I go there. I sense that I was the intended victim of this attack. Someone is trying to kill me!

The six of us stare at the corpse of the coachman for a few moment before Parsion the priest says we should bury him. We nod and begin the heady task.

Afterwards, Halvorc volunteers to be the driver since he has traveled this route many times before. We all agree. The priest hopes that we are not blamed for his death. Dorier and Ganon tell him that it was an act of the gods, and since lies are never spoken by true knights, their claims are taken gratefully by Parsion.

We arrive in Gorn Cove, a small village on the route to Port Bax. Outcasts, thieves and Szalls are the main inhabitants. The villagers are suspicious at the death of the driver, but the knights and the priest assuage their fears. We stay at the only inn, the Forlorn Hope. Not an auspicious name. I pay a gold for the room.

The innkeeper of the Forlorn Hope is a thin older gentleman with one eye. I am in room #2. We agree to meet in a hour to discuss the plans for the rest of the trip.

The hour has almost passed us by when I get a knock on my door. The innkeeper arrives with a tasty smelling stew, and says it is sent to me with the complements of one of my traveling companions.

He leaves quickly and I am unable to ask which one. The food smells hot and delicious and I have not eaten a meal yet. I must eat a meal now, or lose 3 EP. If I have Hunting, I can go to a certain chapter. Otherwise, I can either eat the stew, or my own food.

I am being stalked and there was an attempt on my life suddenly, out of the blue, food arrives out of the blue? That’s crazy stupid. I eat my Larnuma fruit meal instead.

I take a small nap, and when I awaken, I see that two rats ate my stew, and have died. It was poisoned! Shock turns to anger as I know one of my traveling companions is an assassin. Time to arrive at the assembly and find my assassin!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote