View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I search his body and find the evidence I need. Inside his pockets is a near empty vial of gnadurn sap, the deadly poison added to my food. There is a scroll written in Giak outlining who I am and where I am going. He carries a Darklord blade, forged in the fires of Helgedad, the infernal city of the Darklands. Finally, I find a serpent tattoo on his left wrist, exactly like the harbor thugs that attacked me in Holmgard. I confiscate 23 gold crowns, giving me 42.

The other travelers stare in horror at me. Before I can explain, the front door of the Forlorn Hope crashes open and six town guard arrive, led my the innkeeper who is screaming at me. They move to attack me. I can fight them or flee. They are just town guard trying to do their job, so I decide to flee. I take the Black Sword as a backup weapon.

I burst out of the rear door. Behind the tavern is a small wheelwright‘s shop, and horses hitched to a hay-cart. I can use Camouflage, steal a horse and ride, or hide in the shop. I hate to steal and run, but I have the whole town guard looking for me, plus my former traveling companions, which include two Knights and a mercenary, may join them. I am not hanging around and hoping.

I take the horse and begin galloping down the road to the east. Soon I spy a signpost that says Port Bax is 50 miles away. We get closer. In order to put distance between Gorn Cove and myself, I ride all night. As dawn breaks, it appears that the Wildlands are beginning to fade as moors and fens replace the dry cracked Wildlands and a forest can be seen on the horizon. This is Durenor Forest, and I can again use Hunting for meals.

I must eat a meal, and I estimate that I am a day from Port Bax. I decide to lose the 3 EP because I don’t want to eat my only meal of Laumspur. I am at 27 and that will not be healed with Healing.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote