DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Saturday Week 2 - March 1987
World Championship Wrestling - Live on TBS
Celebration Arena in Decatur, AL
6,998 in attendence

Pre-Show

Sting def. The Warlord
in 6:01 by Submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (D)

Brian Pillman def. The Terminator
in 6:15 by Submission with a Crucifix Armbar (E+).

A couple of pre-show wins for guys that I want to build up to upper-midcarders to start things off. Wasn't expecting great ratings really, as they were odd matchups.

Onward to the TBS broadcast

Ric Flair is in the ring for an interview hyping himself and telling everyone how awesome he is. (A+)

Curt Henning def. Bobby Jaggers by pinfall in 6:19 with a HennigPlex. (D)
Hennig comes to me after the match to say that he has no chemistry with Beulah McGillicutty and doesn't want the ex-Penthouse Pet as a manager. Umm...okay. His loss.

Ted DiBiase appears via pre-recorded video to challenge Arn Anderson to a match. (C+)

The Midnight Express def. The MOD Squad in 9:46 when Bobby Eaton pinned Basher after a Rocket Launcher. (C+)

The Road Warriors and Paul Ellering are in the Ring and challenge the Awesome Twosome (Rude & Fernandez - NWA World Tag Team Champions) to a match.

The Road Warriors def. The Jive Tones in 6:54 via a Doomsday Device. (C)

Road Warriors are celebrating their victory in the ring when the Awesome Twosome run in and beat them down. (C)

Arn Anderson appears and says he accepts the challenge laid down by Ted DiBiase and he will face him TONIGHT. (B-)

Referee Teddy Long is seen leaving Arn Anderson's dressing room counting a wad of cash. (F-)

Dusty Rhodes def. Lex Luger by pinfall in 15:11 with a Bionic Elbow. Tully Blanchard ran in during the match and attacked Dusty Rhodes. (C)

Arn Anderson def. Ted DiBiase by pinfall in 18:28 after a fast-count AND with his feet on the ropes for added leverage. (B)

Final Grade: B-
Rating: 0.46

Show succeeded in part because I kept the necessary crap segments < 6 minutes (which I believe is the cutoff for having them affect the rating) and let the good angles (Flair primarily) go on longer. Matches were also all solid (except the Hennig one that I should have avoided), except for the Rhodes vs. Luger one that I overbooked and made a bit too long.

All in all, a strong show at B- though, and in our next show we'll see the JCP debut of Bret "The Hitman" Hart!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-05-2011 at 11:42 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote