View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #19
britrock88
Pro Starter

Babylon here. Our homeland is an interesting place. There are several high-yielding farms with population limits of 3 or so, there are some well-protected city sites, and there are floodplains. Unfortunately, many regions possess two or more of those characteristics.

Wanting to take advantage of regions with more obvious advantages (low population city sites, high-yielding farms without city sites, and avoiding floodplains), I decided to make an effort toward eastern Asia Minor and toward Israel. However, Warhammer in Assyria defended well enough that I decided it would be counterproductive to continue to war over Assyria or Aleppo at this point. I thought longer about challenging Pass's moves into Jericho and Damascus from his home of Egypt, as there is some medium-term potential to pinch him at the Sinai Peninsula, but decided that consolidating around my nearer city sites would be a wiser play. Warhammer did mention the advantage that cities on large farms possess -- when they are reduced, the population loss is not as great. I thank him for pointing that out, but am also immediately suspicious of his intentions in future turns...

(You're welcome for me showing my hand, you guys. )

Last edited by britrock88 : 10-31-2012 at 04:47 PM.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote