View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

"New" in the last few months that I just picked up, the latest EP from The Dear Hunter. Incredible band.

Completely ridiculous and awesome, I was excited to see that Diablo Swing Orchestra had recorded a new album with a new lineup. Gone is the opera singer and in her place, a completely different style. At first, I didn't like her Betty Boop style at all, and then about 3 listens to the album and I love it.

The other thing I'll say about this band is their name almost perfectly represents their sound.

Godsticks new album came out in October, I think.

Moebius - a new band for me. I really love this album. Like a cross between Meshuggah and old Prong (kinda stripped down Beg to Differ style).

Thumpermonkey, new EP came out in October as well. Not exactly sure how to describe this band, but this is a cool song.

Finally, a name from the past - Gary Numan (you know, 80s new wave hit Cars). Admittedly, I have never listened to the guy outside of that song, but this album was $5 so I downloaded it and was really surprised how dark and awesome it was. This song kicks ass.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote