View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #30
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure about that. In a 3 person draft, are you really hitting on more than 1 pick at 8, 10 and 17? In that case why not just take the very good prospect on offer at 3?

You'd really, really have to trust your scouting department to do that. In a deeper draft, maybe that makes sense.
Not singling you out, but why do people keep calling this a 3 person draft? Zion is in a tier by himself, then are we pretending RJ Barrett and even Ja are definitely better than Hunter, Culver, Darius Garland, Brandon Clarke etc? I'm more confident in Ja being able to step in right away, but if Garland is as good a shooter off the dribble as people say then doesn't he have higher upside in today's game? RJ is the most alpha wing right now, but it's easier for me to see the other wings being option #2 or 3 on a high level playoff team, and we've seen athletic wings like Giannis, Kawhi, Paul George turn into lead playoff ballhandlers as frequently as high volume, lower efficiency ones like Barrett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
As much as I enjoy clowning the Celtics, I think this might be a good opportunity to clear out some bad eggs (not that Horford strikes me as a bad egg) and get better mileage for the dollar off the guys they already have. Kyrie was an obvious cancer to the team, but I suspect he's not the only one - it's been easy to read between the lines on reports about a couple of the guys who it sounds like go inflated egos with what happened the season prior. Ship them out, build around Tatum and whoever is left (although my gut tells me Tatum might be one of those dudes who had his ego get the better of him - in any case the Celtics need to keep him the hell away from Kobe this offseason and hope that stops him launching so many long 2s).
Horford's definitely not the problem, and it'll be interesting to see which team was blatantly tampering with him. I'm assuming it's someone that has a title path, so I guess the Clippers or the Mavs would be good fits? I don't think he loved the Kyrie circus either, but maybe Brooklyn is in the mix. Speaking of Kyrie & Brooklyn I get why BK is doing it and it could just be a smokescreen that changes 3 more times before FA even officially opens, but I can't believe they actually think a Kyrie/D'Angelo Russell backcourt would work.

Rozier will be interesting. He definitely wanted to be a starter somewhere last season, but he knew Kyrie was better than him, and even when he's on he's not particularly efficient so I think he's better off as a 3rd guard. He's also still an RFA and I just don't see why any team is going to offer him $20m/y. I don't even know if they'll offer him 4/$50, so I could definitely see him coming back on a Marcus Smart like deal. (The other non-Kyrie issue was that Gordon Hayward was given too much PT early, but end of season Hayward was also at least deserving of rotation minutes & we'll have more minutes for everybody at this rate! )
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote