View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #63
PilotMan
Head Coach

We have to realize that with the popularity level of most of our fighters being relatively low now, and our popularity still increasing it is going to be harder to get those top-shelf shows. A good show will still move us upward. Marcus Sursa, who was a fill in, has gotten a title shot. Lots of mediocrity on the card though too. Ran Weathers and Chris Price were the best of the rest.

Bellator ran a show last night that had two of our fighters fighting. The first was the main event with Eric Reynolds (which I gotta tell you would be terrible for us.) getting a win over John Gunderson. And the other was Jared Hess, who is still in our title eliminator tournament, getting a win over Gary Padilla. I can’t say that I was impressed with that show either. Bellator is going to lose their TV show very soon, then they will be like every other regional promotion in the US.

I have finished the booking for our 15th show. The main event is a welterweight battle between established vet Yves Edwards and up-and-comer Gary Wright. Wright is undefeated but has never faced an opponent as dangerous as Yves Edwards. Edwards has a great ground game to go with a solid standing attack. The co-main event is a heavyweight title eliminator fight between Brendan Schaub and Justin Wren, with the winner moving on to the title fight. Our prelim card features MMA veteran Travis Wiuff.

Code:
Cage Warriors 15: Edwards v. Wright Yves Edwards (37-15-1) v. Gary Wright (10-0) WW #1 Brendan Schaub (6-0) v. #4 Justin Wren (9-1) HW Danny Valimaki (4-0) v. Phil Davis (5-0) LHW Fabio Nascimento (10-4) v. Fabio Silva (15-5) MW Matt Fiordirosa (12-2) v. Hideo Tokoro (22-18-1) FW ----Prelims---- Victor Valimaki (17-6) v. Travis Wiuff (59-13) LHW Keita Nakamura (16-5-2) v. Zac George (18-3) LW Magomed Shikshabekov (6-0) v. Ryan Stonitsch (9-1) WW Roman Ship (2-1) v. Mike Haynes (5-1) HW Charles Diaz (3-1) v. Jung Hyun Cho (2-1) LW

I am really looking forward to the first two fights on the main card. Fiordirosa and Tokoro can light it up. It will be a big test for Fiordirosa, and the winner will be firmly planted in the top 10 in the featherweight division. The other fight between Fabio Nascimento and Fabio Silva will also leave one of those two planted near the top of that division, awaiting the winner of the title.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote