View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

What I haven't been doing is keeping track of how many collective stars our teams have on them at the end of each year (Re: recruit stars) because that's the real point of the exercise in the first place. It might also be interesting to see what the stars of the Final Four for that year are, especially after noticing last year that Belmont put a team in the Final Four with no blue chip recruits (All 3 star or lower) so it's clearly possible to do it, what I'm wanting to see how sustainable it is over a long period of time.

Like does a real life mid-major team have a shot, in-game, of managing to be a perennial contender despite not being able to attract blue chip talent like more heeled competitors? I'm more interested in that than anything.

I've created a separate save, because I'd actually like to go back to this point at some point for other experiments and I think if I know I won't lose this particular setup where I am now, then I can sim faster and just focus on 1) getting results and focus less on 2) adding players to the dynasty which I don't want to do right now save for maybe changing the names of the Kentucky generated pool and maybe adding a few more Kentucky players to the pool when it's thin, since I do want these teams to be more homegrown.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote