View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #255
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I don't visit FOFC much anymore, and even less the dynasty board so I had not seen this dynasty. Well, I had seen it just last week but just assumed it was about your own training in the pool. Just took a shot and started reading the first post this morning and I'm hooked. Just read the post describing your kids and got all teary eyed reading about Brett's DQ in Savannah.

This whole swimming thing hits quite close to home as our youngest (who just turned 9 in January) is going through his first season of competitive swim training. He trains 4 times a week for a total of about 5 to 5.5 hours in the pool every week. And he also got DQed, about a month ago, for mixing his styles and starting his 3rd 25m back at backstroke instead of breastroke in a 100 IM. He realised it after maybe 7 or 8 meters but it was too late.

I'm reading back from the start and will eventually post to tell more about my own son if you want, but not before I'm up to date on my reading, in order not to spoil anything

I'm interested to see how different swimmers development is from the States to us here in Quebec/Canada.

FM

PS: hope this shows up all right since I'm posting from tapatalk on my iPad after copying from a txt file from my computer... See ya in a few days, when I'm done reading it all.