View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #264
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General/Personal Update

On the positive side for Brett, he has his first official girlfriend!

The girl's name is Maddie, and to be honest, I'm not even sure which one she is. I'll see if I can figure it out and I'll let you guys know more about her.

It was actually a funny little story. I believe I've mentioned that Brett has become really good friends with another swimmer named Hunter. Well Hunter is a very outgoing, funloving, big kid that is constantly interacting with others, and in a general manner flirting with girls. Brett has been riding his coat tails for a while in these interactions, and it has really opened up the door for Brett to become more social. Hunter tends to break the ice in conversations, and then Brett's is able to add some wit and clever humor.

We knew for a while that Hunter and Brett both had girls they were interested in, we just weren't sure which ones (as Brett certainly wasn't going to tell us). We finally determined it was Maddie.

Interestingly, most of the kids that come to swimming carpool from time to time, and all the parents sit together while the kids are swimming. One day, the conversation turned to who the kids were interested in, and one of the mothers mentioned on the way into the pool, 4 girls that were riding together were talking about which boys they liked, and one of the girls (the driver wasn't sure which one) mentioned Brett...When she heard Brett's name she tried to listen more intently, but nothing more came up. She later determined the girl was Maddie. Once we learned this, we figured it would just be a matter of time before this "dating" thing occurred. I wonder how long before I'll be expected to take them to the movies. My bet is that Brett and Hunter will want to "double date" before the end of May - we'll see, and I'll definately let you know.

I'll bet as long as Maddie and Brett are together it won't be difficult to get him to go to practice . However, when the breakup occurs, he may give up the sport...

Last edited by Breeze : 04-19-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote