View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #276
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Goals Update

So the kids have been working on their goals, and while I don't have specific time goals, I do know they are looking ofr the following:

Bear

Now that Bear has the 400 Free he is determined to get the 800 Free as well. Based on how that goes he he may also add the 1500 to the list. He wants to get a cut in some of the other strokes, but he is a long way off on the sprints, and I don't think he'll get close during the long course season. If he can get the times down to where he's within a couple/three seconds of the time he'll have done really well. The one wildcard event is the 400 IM. Because Bear isn't afraid of the mid-level and distance events, he's keeping an eye on this one. If his other strokes come around, then he may attack this one, with hopes that he'll be able to push through the distance to get the cut.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

Bailey is very close to a cut (less than 2 seconds) in 3 races already, and she has 3 more where she could easily get in that same range with a good swim. She wants to get at least 2 state cuts, and I think that is very doable. In fact, I think 3 is likely and 4 would be a good challenging goal. Of course, she'll adjust her goals as she starts to attain them, so it'll be a non-issue.
There are quite a few good 12 and older 11 year olds, so I don't expect Bailey will get on a relay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett

Brett has already achieved his biggest goals for this season and we've only just completed the time trials. He's got all 3 state cuts, not his goal is to try and get down to a 40.xx 50, because he feels that will insure he's the breaststroker in the A relay (so a double goal). It will be very difficult for him to get into the 40 second range, as he'll need to cut the time 3 seconds in about 2 months. He's doing extra exercises to get stronger (chin ups, bungee pulls, leg jumps/lifts with ankle weights on). This will also help his 100 Breast as he's looking to cut about 3+ seconds there as well.

He wants another cut outside of the breast, but that isn't going to happen.

He is planning to swim the 1500 in this next race and he wants to beat his friend Jack, and that isn't going to happen either (but it is motivating him).

The coach we use for private lessons (it's Bailey & Bear's team coach), wants him to complete a 100 fly without getting DQed, and I expect he'll get this. Then she wants him to do a 400 IM without getting DQed and I expect he could get this accomplished as well.

If the kids give me specific times that they are shooting for, I'll post them...

Last edited by Breeze : 05-06-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote