View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Stuck on the Wicket again - USA Cricket Coach 2014

A little wiser about the nuances of the game, I restart my quest to take Cricket from obscure to a sport the USA will embrace, as I start the quest to join the elites of India, England, Pakistan, Australia, etc. Team USA will play in the World Cricket league 3, which is the 4th tier down (7 tiers total) under Championship and divisions 1 and 2. Other countries in our league are Italy, Oman, Tanzania, Nepal and Denmark. Donald Trump has recently became fond of Cricket and has gathered a group to help finance a domestic league with the following teams as charter members:

New England Blue Coats
Brooklyn Tip Tops
Pittsburgh River Rats
Philadelphia Liberty
Atlantic City Aces
Hartford Terriers

The creation of this league means I now have just over 300 players to choose from for the National Team, though in reality none of the new converts to the game will displace the top players already tabbed for that duty, but at least we have a development system as only one player on the current National squad plays league cricket outside of the USA (Harry Bush for Leicestershire in England)

Once again, I select the 16 member national team out of 335 hopefuls, most of which are naturalized US citizens from Cricket hotbeds, who aren’t good enough to play national or domestic Cricket in their home countries.

First 11 (Name, position, birth country, age)
Steven Taylor – Wicket keeper, USA, 19: Our young captain is our most skilled batsman rated 48
Steve Massiah – Mid/cover, West Indies, 33: Overall rated 37 batter
Aditya Mishra – Slip/Bowler, India, 31: Overall rated 35 batter, bowling spinner, nothing special
Rashard Marshall – Utility, USA, 30: Overall rated 37 batter, power potential
Orlando Baker – Utility/Wicket keeper, USA, 33: Overall rated 37 batter, defensive liability
Barrington Bartley – Slip/Bowler, West Indies, 32: Overall rated 34 batter and 35 as a slow bowler
Timroy Allen – Boundary/Bowler, West Indies, 26: Overall rated 35 batter, fast bowler rated 35
Sushil Nadkarni – Mid/covers, India, 36: Overall rated 42 as a batter, missed him the first time
Neil McGarrell – Mid/covers/Bowler, West Indies, 40: Rated 32 as a batter, but 43 as a slow bowler
Elmore Hutchinson – Boundary/Bowler, West Indies: Rated 25 as a batter, 40 fast bowler
Muhammad Ghous – Bowler, Pakistan, 22: Horrible batter at 18, best bowler 42 rated spinner

Reserves
Akeem Dodson – Wicket Keeper, USA, 25: Batter 33
Harry Bush – Mid covers/bowler, England, 23: Batter 34, Spin Bowler 32
Aditya Thyagarajan – Boundary, USA, 34: Batter 35, Spin Bowler 26
Ryan Corns – Mid/covers, South Africa, 22: Batter 34, Slow Bowler 34
Danial Ahmed – Boundary/Bowler, Pakistan, 28: Batter 14, Slow Bowler 37

I play it a bit more conservative this time and invite Hong Kong over for a Twenty20 2 match series and Germany for a 5 day test match before the season starts against Italy

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote