View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #51
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

December 31, 2013

We are on the road in an FA Trophy match against Cambridge. A big game for me, but I am updating my resume just in case.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Tomassen
DCR - Livesey
DCL - Clowes
DL - Naylor
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Richards
AML - Angol
STC - Miller

Subs - Mayebi, Joksts, Ashton, Durrell, Artell

1st Half
12' - A counter attack that saw one touch passing from Clarke to Miller to Carrington and then to Richards in the right corner of the box where he quickly got off a shot that hit the left post and in... GOAL!!!! We take a 1-0 lead!
32' - Carrington threads the needle to Richards deep in the box but his shot was blasted into keeper and the threat was ended with a clear.
36' - Carrington finds Angol in the left side of the box who shoots clean off the far post and it stays out and is cleared behind for a corner.

We take the 1-0 lead to the half. They have controlled the ball the most but we have the only 3 shots on goal in the game so far.

2nd Half
48' - Richards finds miller in the middle of the box with a nice pass and Miller rewards the effort with a shot into the left of the goal that the keeper had no chance at... GOAL!!! We take a 2-0 lead.
65' - Miller takes a corner from the left wing and swings it far post where Livesey heads it into the net... GOAL!!! We are up 3-0 and looking strong!
75' - I bring Durrell in for a tiring Angol, move him to attacking right, Miller to attacking left and Richards to striker.
76' - Tomassen is called for a foul in the box which gives Cambridge a penalty. Midfielder Simon Lenighan takes the penalty and beats Coughlin to the left side to put them on the board 3-1.
76' - I bring Joksts in for a tiring Clowes and Ashton in for a tiring Mezague.
81' - Richards steals the ball near the box, steps into the box and is taken down on a tackle with no foul given but Durrell is there to fire a shot off the keeper and in!! We lead 4-1.

The games ends and we move on with a 4-1 victory.

Carrington is named man of the match with an 8.40 match rating and an assist.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote