View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 09:31 PM   #145
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2018 Selection Sunday

Florida gets the 5th seed in the NCAA West Region and will await the winner of a First Four game between Rhode Island and Belmont.

UCLA does drop to a 2 seed, as they'll be the 2nd seed in the NCAA West Region and open up against (15) Weber State.

Rice gets the 12th seed in the NCAA Midwest Region and will open up against (5) N.C. State.

Davidson gets the 8th seed in the NCAA South Region and will open up against 9th seed Creighton.

Michigan State gets the 4th seed in the NCAA South Region and will open up against 13th seed North Carolina Central.

Kentucky gets the 2nd seed in the NCAA South Region and will open up against 15th seed Winthrop.

Surprise, surprise! Stanford gets the 10th seed in the NCAA South Region and will open up against 7th seed Illinois. I'm glad I was wrong about them this season.

Kansas gets the top seed in the NCAA East Region and will open up against the First Four winner between Bryant and Alcorn State.

Northwestern gets the 4th seed in the NIT West Region and will open up by hosting (5) Old Dominion.

Alabama gets the 3rd seed in the NIT Midwest Region and will open up by hosting (6) Indiana. This tells me they needed to do more than just beat Florida in the SEC Quarterfinals to get an NCAA bid.

Tulsa gets the 5th seed in the NIT South Region and will open up by travelling to (4) George Washington.

And that's it. I wish I was kidding but I'm not. Postseason snubs this season go out to Duke, Colorado, and Hawaii. Duke I was on the fence about, but Colorado definitely deserved to be playing somewhere. Hawaii, well, I think Coach Gunn will tell you they underachieved this season.

I'm thrilled that 11 of our 24 FOFC teams are playing postseason ball, a far cry from the 7 last year. But really? how do you leave Colorado out of all the tournaments? Crazy. This is why I wish I could find a way to add the 5th tournament, the Vegas 16. But there's no way. The only thing I can do for next season and beyond is make the NIT a 40 team tournament, giving 8 more teams a chance. I don't want to, but I'm going to.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote