View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 08:31 AM   #25
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Government

There will be a few government types available to us out of 15 total. Advanced forms of government can be acquired later in the game, so this is not permanent but will shape the early decades at the very least. The ones that we may choose are based on our ethos from yesterday's options. There are three basic categories however, with the biggest difference being in how a new ruler is chosen:

** Autocracies are not available to Individualists. There are no elections; a single ruler holds power until his or her death, and in most cases there we cannot interfere in the selection of the new ruler.

** Oligarchies are not available to fanatic collectivists or fanatic individualists, but milder forms of those ethos can use them. Elections are held but rare, with a 40-50 year term. These appear to be of the 'selected from an elite group' type of elections, where we can -- for a cost -- select which leader takes over.

** Democracies are not available to collectivists. Elections are common, and typically occur every 5 years. Best information I have right now is that campaigning for a particular candidate to increase their chances can be done, again for a price, but is not always successful.

Government Name: This should be appropriate to a single planet, as we can change it when we expand. In other words, United Earth Council(or whatever), not Galactic Terran Imperium, and so on.

Government Flag: There are four considerations here: a background pattern, primary color for the background, secondary color for the background, and a symbol to identify us. I'll try to pick something at least vaguely appropriate given our other species' selections.

Name List: The names of planets, ships, leaders can all be changed, but this is the list we will draw them from. I'll select an appropriate one based on the species that is selected.

Voting Options

Government Type: Preference for Autocratic, Oligarchy, or Democracy, unless a Random selection is preferred.
Government Name:

This is the last of the setup options! Tomorrow I'll get into sign-ups for leaders of what looks like it's going to end up being an empire of trout-beings.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-04-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote