View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #300
Drake
assmaster

From what I can tell judging by my Facebook feed, the most immediate impact of the election has been to make the nutball[*] Republicans on my friends list even more stupid than they were in the months leading up to the election. They seem to have entered some mental zone of hysteria where winning an election means that everyone else has to shut the hell up and do what they say.

[*] I mean this in the sense of the chest-pounding idiots, not the rank-and-file Republicans who are, you know, normal people who believe in things like states' rights, small federal government, and the free-market economy. You know the guys I mean. They likely believe that automotive innovation peaked with 1970's pick up trucks, may or may not have a Confederate flag hanging up somewhere in their house (but they've definitely considered it, either way), and their most pressing ethical conundrum is whether or not they can finally wear their .45 pistol on their belt holster to church on Sunday morning instead of the mini-.38 ACP pea-shooter they've traditionally carried strapped to their ankle so as not to offend the old biddies.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote