View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 11:00 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here’s our opening system:

I pulled up a map of us on Silica Prime as well as our home system of Silius. I want to emphasize mineral production, as we eat them. As our people grow, so will our need for minerals. Unlike other races, we can get our food from the stars themselves, which should help. Later on, as we get people who eat food, we’ll obviously need to make some for them. It would be rude and inhospitable to do otherwise, and that is not the Silica way.

As you can see, we have around 33 bonus minerals monthly. We make 81, but consume and use 50ish for our people and population. I order a 2nd science ship to explore as well as new bases around my home system for some extra resources we are currently not collecting.

Around 6 months later I am able to afford my first building on Silica Prime – Research Labs. 5 months later I order a 3rd scout vessel built. On February 14, 2201 I hire a new scientist and send them out. My exploration hit some long anomalies to research, so I want to increases my speed.

In April 1st, my construction vessel finishes building up Silius. On the 10th of the month, we discover a rare resource next door in the Tau Cygni system. It also has a planet we could colonize, so I send the ship over to build a starbase and bring it into the Silica Range.

Here’s a screen shot. You can see the exotic gases here, as well as two events that just fired.

Slowly but surely I begin to grab a corvette ship.

We find two planets in the Tigira system, which is next to Silius. One is Arid, so we’d have a 100% happiness there.

October, 2201 – I have enough tradition to purchase our first perk. I choose to emphasize expansion and our colonial growth increases.

I order my construction ship to Tigira, it will be my first expansion. Tau Sygni has 14 minerals, 2 energy, 3 tech, and the planet plus the rare resource, and will come in soon, but it’s not the first place I want to move to – Tigira is.

June, 2202 I order a colony ship built for Tigira

After my energy has fallen, I order some Energy resources on Silica Prime.

One of our anomalies has ended with a ship hulk, and we begin an event chain to locate it. I dispatch a science ship to survey it.

May, 2203 – the system survey finishes and I order our ship to build a starbase here. The other planet is Desert, which we also have a 100% habitability rating with.

July, 2203 – Our Colony ship is complete and I send it to Tigira

We find aliens nearby and begin a project to decipher their language

I choose colonization fever as our next unity bump.

Sept – We bring the Tigira system under our control and I order our first colonists to land on the Arid wold here, which we have named Tigira Primus.

Post colony my energy production has dipped into the red. We built up a big store of a few hundred credits, but we’ll need to push against that.

We find a dig site as part of the event chain and begin it. We found a relic world in that system too.

Here’s the universe as we know it. You can see the relic world and dig site, and the nearby things we’ve looked at. I have ordered another electric district in our capital built, and I may move to expand into a place with richer energy to tap.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote