View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 01:42 PM   #139
Huckleberry
College Starter

As the receivers coach, I have no issue with any set. I'll have lots of WRs in a run 'n shoot and WRs and TEs in an I or pro set. As I said looking at our personnel, I would like to see the trips. I will yield to those with more TCY knowledge, but I think we can run out of the trips set with good blocking TEs. Obviously you're right that the pound it out game won't be as effective without a lead blocker. Could we recruit one big inside back to have every season to make up for that? I don't know.

I just think it will be a waste with our WR depth next year if it turns out our Terrible receivers scout is close to accurate to only ever have two on the field. Then again, we could set ourselves up for failure to base our future on a Terrible scout's perception of our squad.

On a more personal note, if I got to design a team and all my players, I would have an offense based on the I formation. Once again, tell me if I'm wrong, but a pro formation requires a more versatile fullback than may be available most years. With the I, you can really narrow down the skills your FB position needs to possess. edit - I had the post screen up for a while and WSUCougar touched on this aspect.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings

Last edited by Huckleberry : 09-17-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote