View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #420
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Its like you only read half of my posts. The same half that Blade read. I also equated the disorder to similar to the characters Boromir, Frodo, Bilbo, Ilsidur all showed symptoms of it at time, all directly due to the ring's influences.

Its pretty interesting how you take one tiny part of the information and then try to distort it all and make a huge overblown deal out of it all. I've stated for the record that I don't even know if Gollum is in this game, or if a character similar to him is in this game. You however have chosen to ignore that. You also ignored the part where I said in the story timeline Gollum couldn't be in Bree at this time. You have however tried to take what I have said and try to make me sound like I am leading a lynch mob for Blade here.

It sounds and feels like a pretty wolfish thing to do in my opinion, and pretty unlike you for day 1.

actually alan, this is the other issue i had with what you were saying all day....the draw of the ring and the lure of power that affected isuldur, boromir and bilbo were hardly the same as the affect that it had on Gollum. The affect the one ring had on Smeagol when he killed Deagol is the same as everyone else, but no one else had a completely second personality develop as a result of possessing the ring. it was always my understanding that the second personality was a result of his isolation for 500 years, and had nothing to actually do with the ring.....again, this is kind of a dork semantic argument, but what set my radar off was that you were giving out information as fact that there is no proof of.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote