View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #100
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
i see a valid reason for this - the email serves as documented evidence and implicit confirmation that everyone who needs to be informed has been informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I see where you're coming from. Everything nowadays seems to be email when it comes to communication in the workplace. I prefer not to use it unless I need some sort of documentation (always leaving a paper trail). What gets me are people that get snippy about a project and want to air it out thru (hah, j/k through) email. People get really nasty. Have the nads to approach a person if it's that serious and talk about it. I know some people have issues with confrontation but email is a waste of time and energy, just do the face to face.

I could understand it if it was something multiple people needed to know, I am all for an email to 5 people over a conference call!

In his case, he's done similar before (maybe my pet peeve is actually him?)

The girl who is the level between me and previously mentioned unit manager, her father died earlier this year. So, one of the days of the funeral, I cleared with the unit manager that I was going to the funeral home, and, with his permission, anyone that wanted to go with me, I'd drive. Two other girls on the team cleared it with him.

Day of the funeral, this kid goes back and forth on if he's going or not. I told him well in advance, we were leaving at 2:30. 2:15, he tells me he sent the unit manager an email, but hadn't heard back yet. I reiterate, leaving at 2:30. 2:30, the three of us going go the the elevators, walk a few mins to the parking garage, get in the car. Out of the garage, onto the street, a few blocks to get on the highway...phone rings. When I go to answer, I realize I had four missed calls, all from this kid to tell me the unit manager responded and said it was OK for him to leave, and did we leave town yet.

So Lore...er Dodgerchick nailed it. Rather than walking in and requesting to leave with us as an adult, he hid behind mail.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote