View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #10
jbmagic
Pro Starter

From Shaun
Quote:
Its tricky to lower the price, there is always a risk of alienating a customer who made a recent purchase. It is for this very reason that we announced the upcoming promotion in advance. There is really no perfect way to do a price break without it miffing someone. I'll talk with the Matrix guys when they get back from the Origins conference and we'll be sure to look at cases where folks purchased right before the announcement. In the past we have addressed these situations on a case by case basis, and the Matrix guys are super customer-focused so I'm sure we'll make good in cases where you feel you got a raw deal. The very fact that Matrix let me give PureSim 2005 Gold edition free to all existing PS 2005 customers was enough to convince me how serious the company is about customer support.

I still feel at $29.99 the game is a good value and at $14.99 I pretty much don't even make any money. The game is not selling anywhere near my goals, so hopefully this promo will get the word out. I'm pretty bummed out about sales right now -- I was really hoping this would be the breakout year for PureSim, but it just hasn't happened. Maybe there is just too much competition in such a niche genre...

If you haven't purchased yet, make sure you do so in the 2 week time window starting at midnight tonight. After 7/14 the price will be going back up to $29.99.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote